Friday, May 9, 2008

Project 5: Extinctathon!



Extinctathon is my newest project, and boy, is it a doozie (I just wanted to say that). Imagine Bioshock and Super Mario Brothers and Margaret Atwood all rolled up into one--that's Extinctathon.

So far it's a 2D side scroller with a rabbit-monkey hybrid that can walk and jump. It sort of has collision detection in that if you fall on top of something you stay on top of it and if you walk into something you magically appear on top of it because it's not really done yet. It takes input from the XBox 360 controller (just got two this morning) and moves the little guy around onscreen.

It's already big enough to occupy three (3!) source files, and it's only getting bigger. I've only spent 2 or 3 hours on it so far, so it's pretty limited, but I'm looking forward to working on it in the coming weeks.

I'll post more when I have the time.

No comments: