Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Level transitioning: GREAT SUCCESS!

Hurray! After putting in a fair amount of work yesterday and today, I've gotten the level transitioning to work. Now--shock and awe--when you get to the end of one level, you can move on to the next! WTF!! The future is here!!! (The next level here is exactly the same except with gray bricks instead of red ones, but it is an actual separate file.)

The only thing I really need to do is make the transition prettier (since now all it does is just stop and immediately load the next level). I'll need to flesh this out a little more over the next couple of days, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got going on right now.

I'm gonna spend the bulk of my time in the following week designing some new levels and some new blocks and enemies. I'd like to get a solid four levels together just to mess around with and show off to people. That'd be nice.

On an unrelated note, I finished Braid today and it was absolutely perfect. If you haven't bought it yet, buy it NOW. It'll be the best gaming purchase you could possibly make.

Video:
ExtinctaLevels (720p, 14.4mb download)

No comments: